Nuke PointCloud to Max Python Script

Here it is: Click here to download! It should be pretty self explanatory – select a relevant BakedPointCloud node, run the script, tell it where to save the .csv file and you’re good to go. You’ll then have a .csv file that can be loaded into Max using Thinkbox/Krakatoa’s PRT Loader, and it’ll store all […]

Some Progress!

Well, I’ve made some progress of sorts. In my last post I mentioned wanting to get a point cloud from NukeX (generated from a camera track) into Max’s new(ish) point cloud system. Well, the good news is that I’ve not got the point cloud – including colour data – from Nuke and into Max. The […]

Python Adventure

My Raspberry Pi arrives tomorrow, and I have my book all about coding in Python which I’ve started to read through. I also started looking at the Max SDK documentation for the Python stuff – It’s going to be a long road, but I’m excited about it! I have a MxS currently that remaps assets […]

Rasberry Pi and Python fun!

I’ve been so, so lazy about learning Python. I’ve long since wanted to actually write standalone or web apps (And we have a WAMP stack running in the cloud courtesy of Amazon, so there’s definitely somewhere to use it – in fact, I know exactly what I want to do with it!) but I’m starting […]

Backburner fun!

Hi All, So, now I’ve got a hold on fiddling with Backburner via MaxScript (whilst trying to avoid its…. subtleties, as described here and here) I’ve been having some fun, using Backburner for some interesting tasks. One of the most useful but obvious – insomuch as it’s right there in the cmdjob help entry, is submitting […]

A note about Maxscript and Backburner

Another thing that I have discovered during my trials and tribulations with getting Maxscript and Backburner to play nicely is that Groups on Backburner don’t behave as they should under 3ds Max 2013. Before product update 6, you could not really get any information about groups at all – all requests to GetGroupName returned an […]

MaxScript, Backburner and Dependencies!

Hi All, I have today finally made progress with a problem I’ve been contending with, on and off, for a few weeks now! The problem is of using MaxScript and Backburner with dependencies. Just submitting Max renders to Backburner using Maxscript isn’t a problem, though for some unutterable reason dependencies are not supported. There are […]